For the entire month of December I am challenging myself to eat more home prepared and cooked meals. This is in an effort to save some money, make a dent in my “To Try” recipe pile, and to continue to eat healthy well balanced meals! Not that I get a lot of take out or to go meals, but I do have a tendency to cook way too much food in the microwave. No more Smart Ones and Lean Cuisines. I want to be cooking and properly portioning out my meals myself.
Some rules and exceptions:
1. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be cooked or prepared at home, especially for meals that I will be eating by myself or eating at my desk at work. That means no take out after yoga, no ordering in from Foodler if it’s cold and snowy outside and no going to Boloco during my lunch break!
2. No more than three visits to a coffee shop per week.
3. One treat out allowed per week, ei: Fro yo from Berryline! Anything else must be made at home. Time to bust out my dark chocolate truffle recipe!
4. Since it is the holiday season, I can’t ignore those parties! Dining out for a celebration is allowed.
5. Must try at least one new recipe per week (there will definitely be more than one).
I’m very excited for all the cooking and left over eating I’m going to do this month!